Oh gosh that sounds very awful. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, and the inconsiderate friends, Akaichou.
California went on lockdown for what seems like forever now, about a week, though my mom and I watch the news pretty often so we saw it coming, hoping it wouldn't get so bad. My dad, brother and sister are also on lockdown and doing college classes online, though my sister is on the opposite side of the country.
I already live with my mom because of stuff, so I've been doing the shopping for both of us for a few weeks now, hoping my mom won't catch COVID-19 through me or anyone else. She has a couple serious underlying health issues and is over 60. I've been using hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and washing my hands.
A week ago (the day before the lockdown went official) I went to five stores trying to find toilet paper, and a gas station ended up yielding two rolls. None of those stores had baking supplies either.
Yesterday I got up super early and was able to grab one of the last toilet paper packs at the fifth store I tried. It should last us a few weeks at least. I was still super out of it yesterday morning though, so I didn't even think to look for baking supplies. I just grabbed onto that package of toilet paper like it was a life raft and checked out so I could head home and crash.
It felt like a big accomplishment at the time. x'D
I really wish people would stop hoarding, it's so very inconsiderate and there's no need to hoard anything, no matter if we're in a pandemic or not. The news keeps reiterating that the supply chain isn't impacted, and that everything we need will keep on being delivered to stores. Part of me is very happy when I hear that stores aren't accepting returns from hoarders... I think I need a break from the news though, it's gotten me really shaken up lately and being cooped up doesn't help. I hope the weather warms up more so we can spend time in our backyard more often.
People are also being racist and harmful towards Asians because of the whole COVID-19 situation, and that's just awful too. It's not right to blame the whole for a tiny percent's wrongdoing.Happy Bits
- If anyone misses reading, there are also apps for reading books online. I love this one called Libby, I connected my library cards over a year ago and I don't have to worry about my next read anymore. xD And if it's not for you in the long run, that's fine. This situation won't last forever. :)
- Things like Skype, video chat or voice chat is also available to anyone who wants to socialize with others.
- I saw a news special the other day about a woman who started using her florist inventory to send flowers for free to people who wanted them through her website. She left them on porches and stuff so she didn't have to meet them face-to-face.
- Disney released Frozen 2 onto their streaming service early, and other companies are doing similar promotions.
- There's a program in Long Island (called Made you Smile) where kids can upload drawings, letters and things to a woman's email and they get printed out and sent to the elderly who need something happy in their days, especially now. Made You Smile Article