HeavyMetalQueen
Posted 1467 days
I feel like I post about this maybe once a year, but I'm almost always thinking about kids names because I plan to have a few in the future.

It's hard for me to think of boy names, so I may just name them after relatives. My great grandfather's name on my mother's side was named Neil. My grandfather's name on my mother's side is named Curtis. So that being said, I'm thinking of the name Curtis Neil (surname). My father's name is James. My boyfriend's name is Bradley. So I'm thinking Curtis James (surname) could be a good one too, with the nickname CJ. I also thought Bradley Neil (surname) would be a good, strong male name. It also kind of sounds "country" now that I think of it. Or it could be switched around, making it Neil Bradley. Still sounds "country". lol

I just saw the name Myles though and thought that one sounded really good for a boy.

Then for girls, it comes rather easy. I like the names Natalie, Jillian, and Genevieve. My great grandmother's middle name on my father's side is Jane, so I thought Natalie Jane (surname) would be really pretty. I can't think of a middle name for Jillian. I thought of just pairing Jillian and Genevieve together, but it's too much of the sound J and G makes in one name. I thought Jillian Aryn (surname), but they both end in 'n' and that bugs me.

What are some names that you guys really like!?

Baasu
Posted 1467 days
I never could go with the everyday names if I was ever to have a boy I plan to name him Oz and my daughter is named Judzia

HeavyMetalQueen
Posted 1466 days
I feel like those names (other than Bradley and Jane) are rather uncommon for our generation.

Usagii
Posted 1466 days

I don't know if I'll actually ever have kids, but if I do I definitely got names for them. XD

I've always like the names Leila, Maya and Alyxis for a girl. My future daughter is most likely going to have one of those 3 if not a combo of them Maya Alyxis sounds pretty cool to me for a first and middle name.

I'm the same with boys names though. XD I can't really think of any I actually like. I kind of like the name Sam, but I really think it would depend on my future husband's last name for boy names. Like I don't want to give him a generic name like John or Bob but I can't think of anything but generic names. :headdesk:

Pamcakes
Posted 1466 days
I like Greek names for boys lol. I wanted to use the names Atlas, Apollo, or Eros at first for a boy name, but my fiance didn't like them. I do have a son named Aries though and that's Greek lol. I like unique names. Aria is a common name I like I guess. I like Amaya, Phoenix, Lisanna, and Mirajane for a girl too. Amaya and Phoenix are already in use though. The boy name decided on between my fiance and I is Gray. Not sure if going with Grayson or just Gray yet though.

HeavyMetalQueen
Posted 1465 days
Pamcakes wrote:I like Greek names for boys lol. I wanted to use the names Atlas, Apollo, or Eros at first for a boy name, but my fiance didn't like them. I do have a son named Aries though and that's Greek lol. I like unique names. Aria is a common name I like I guess. I like Amaya, Phoenix, Lisanna, and Mirajane for a girl too. Amaya and Phoenix are already in use though. The boy name decided on between my fiance and I is Gray. Not sure if going with Grayson or just Gray yet though.

Gray actually sounds like a really neat name. I like the idea of Greek names too, but I doubt my boyfriend would like them either. We could definitely do it for a dog should we ever get one. :nod:

If I ever get a (male) German Shepard, I'd like to name (him) Gotham. Especially if its an all black one. lol But I also thought that Artemis would be a good name for a German Shepard too. Annnnd I'm off topic. :lol:

keiko
Posted 1465 days
i find that i really like the name renard

also maybe minerva and agatha

also diana and margo (or margarita) but those are my aunt's and distant cousin names so it's a bit awkward

HeavyMetalQueen
Posted 1465 days
keiko wrote:
i find that i really like the name renard

also maybe minerva and agatha

also diana and margo (or margarita) but those are my aunt's and distant cousin names so it's a bit awkward

Yeah, I liked the name Evelyn, but my cousin named one of daughters that.

Celene
Posted 1464 days
Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is.

My husband and I recently started talking about this since we found out we were pregnant a couple weeks ago. We both like old fashioned names and agreed on Arthur if it is a boy and Elinor if it is a girl. If it's a set of twin boys (twins run on both sides of the family) we plan to name them after their grandfathers Tom and Gerry. We should be due sometime end of November/early December, so until then middle names will be up in the air.

The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.
~Virginia Satir

HeavyMetalQueen
Posted 1464 days
Celene wrote:

My husband and I recently started talking about this since we found out we were pregnant a couple weeks ago. We both like old fashioned names and agreed on Arthur if it is a boy and Elinor if it is a girl. If it's a set of twin boys (twins run on both sides of the family) we plan to name them after their grandfathers Tom and Gerry. We should be due sometime end of November/early December, so until then middle names will be up in the air.

~Virginia Satir

Have you not heard of the cartoon, Tom and Jerry? :drop:

I don't like the name Gerry... That's my mom's boyfriend's name. :nnnn:

Celene
Posted 1464 days

That cartoon is why we would name our children after their grandfathers. My dad is named Tom and my husband's father is named Gerald/Gerry. It's been the family joke that if we get twin boys that is what they should be named.

~Virginia Satir
Mz. Hyde wrote:...

HeavyMetalQueen
Posted 1464 days
Celene wrote:

That cartoon is why we would name our children after their grandfathers. My dad is named Tom and my husband's father is named Gerald/Gerry. It's been the family joke that if we get twin boys that is what they should be named.

~Virginia Satir

Right. And I meant to add that I don't mean you shouldn't name your child that just because I don't like it. People like what they like. *shrugs*

Xirin
Posted 1463 days
I would love to find very gender neutral names for my kids, if i end up having them.
Which in a way, is selfish, because I'm gender neutral myself ^ ^". I can't just assume they would be too.
But even a name that they could easily make more feminine or masculine would be nice. Like Alex/Alexa

HeavyMetalQueen
Posted 1462 days
Xirin wrote:I would love to find very gender neutral names for my kids, if i end up having them.
Which in a way, is selfish, because I'm gender neutral myself ^ ^". I can't just assume they would be too.
But even a name that they could easily make more feminine or masculine would be nice. Like Alex/Alexa

My friend and his fiance (if they have a kid together) would name their child Indigo, and call them Indy for short. My friend is trans (ftm) and his fiance is cis female, so that's why it's an 'if'. Sounds like a pretty good name though.

If your kids were to identify as something other than their biological sex, they could change their legal name.

I think Julian would be good if (my future child) Jillian identified as male instead. Not sure about the name Natalie and the others though.

Ranger
Posted 1462 days

♥ ranger / ♥ kind of awesome / ♥ شجاعة

♥ well, i have a daughter. her name is liana, though we tend to call her 'li' (my mom calls her pixie, i call her bug/aboo, just depends).

i don't plan on having anymore children, mostly because being pregnant for me was really hard (my depression worsened, my ptsd was almost constantly triggered.. it was bad). but if i did have another kid, i have some names i like. i really like typically male names for girls, so i'd probably name another girl noah or kaiden. i also really like leigh-leigh. but that's the nickname for one of my characters, so prob not. if i had a boy, i imagine i'd probably name him artemis (which is a traditionally girl's name.. i like the opposite as well) or ashlyn.

who knows.

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.