Len
Posted 1369 days
:star: :star: :star:

Has anyone actually ever seen the final season dubbed in Japanese and subbed English?
I did when I was young and now that I am rewatching it, so many memories of why I enjoyed the show is coming back to me. :fangirl:
Have you watched the show?
Who are your favorite characters?

I definitely enjoy all the characters, but the outer senshi intrigue me the most. Love Neptune and Uranus's relationship, and Saturn Sailor of Destruction&Rebirth, plus Pluto being Sailor of Space and time is badass! :omg: :heart:

Angel Spirit Girl
Posted 1369 days

Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession ...

Current form : Faun

I really enjoyed Sailor Moon. :omg: I have actually only watched the first two seasons or so of it, though.

Len
Posted 1369 days

Oh my lord you are definitely missing out! Have a favorite character?

Angel Spirit Girl wrote:...

Angel Spirit Girl
Posted 1369 days

Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession ...

Current form : Faun

I guess I like Sailor Moon, Chibbi Moon, and Helios. I saw a bit of season 3.

Len
Posted 1369 days

4 going onto Season 5 really made me appreciate the series. It's so nice to see the characters grow. :nod:

Lily
Posted 1363 days
||||||||||||

Is it too late to talk about Sailor Moon still :stalk: :stalk: :stalk:

I've seen all the Sailor Moon stuff, including Crystal. I'm a huuuuge fan!

Tension
Posted 1363 days
is anyone watching the newly dubbed and uncut seasons? because it's so much better now.

Lily
Posted 1362 days
||||||||||||

There's a new dub? Like, of the 90's one? I haven't seen that! I kind of have a soft spot for the original dub for how hilarious it is.

hanelle
Posted 1362 days
I wanted to watch the show, but my parents regulated my TV watching...I remember catching two or three episodes and loving them, and finding a single issue of the manga and reading it over and over even though I had no idea what was going on. I should get around to watching it when I have time...

SirLionelNigelConrad
Posted 1362 days
DIC butchered the originals pretty badly with censorship. They also flipped all scenes with cars so it appeared they drove on the right side of the rode, never mind some text was backwards.

I was surprised how much of the lesbian relationship they let show though. Or maybe it was just impossible to censor out totally without having zero scenes with them.

catlady73
Posted 1362 days

i saw the originals but havent seen the new stuff yet

Lily
Posted 1362 days
||||||||||||

You mean you didn't think it was 100% believable that Michiru and Haruka (aka Michelle and Amara) were just two cousins who enjoyed holding hands and looking deeply into each other's eyes??????
SirLionelNigelConrad wrote:...

Lillith Rose73
Posted 1360 days

i thought that michelle and the other girl were lovers ?

Lily
Posted 1360 days
||||||||||||

In the author's original adaptation, yes. However, when it was dubbed for American audiences DIC thought that a lesbian relationship was too controversial or whatever so they just shoehorned in this really awkward "cousins" relationship between them.

StarryMagicWand
Posted 380 days
I love Sailor Moon! I've loved her since the first moment I discovered her, and she was the first superhero I actually really got into (although technically she's a magical girl). Her design, her costumes, the bright colors, everything about her seemed perfect! I was never crazy about the corny English dub/dialogue, and initially I wasn't into the actual anime, but once I was old enough to understand completely what was going on I was really able to enjoy the story in addition to the fact that I'd found a sparkly girly superheroine with connections to the moon and magic wands. I didn't actually completely get the mechanics of the plot (i.e. the reincarnation, Crystal Tokyo, etc.) until my freshman year of high school, though, but after that I just appreciated her even more.

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.