Another Movie Addict
Posted 1501 days

People say you never forget your first. So TS what was your first anime? Mine was The Fantastic Adventures of Unico, which was an adorable little anime movie my mother showed to me. My grandmother owned a video rental store when I was a tiny, and it was cheaper to get foreign things instead of getting like Disney.
Last edited by Another Movie Addict on 1501 days ago, edited 1 time in total.

Kiwi
Posted 1501 days
    I think my first anime was Sailor Moon.
    I was so happy when I got to watch the new series which came out in... 2015? 2014? :lol:

HeavyMetalQueen
Posted 1501 days
My first "anime" was The Last Airbender. The reason I use air quotes is because it wasn't necessarily anime because it was American made.

Sanctus Espiritus
Posted 1501 days
Time to tip the scales!

I actually don't remember. :lol:

Sailor Moon? DBZ? Pokémon? Maybe even Hello Kitty?? Who knows what I saw first. Maybe all those all at once.

I guess if I sorted by date it might narrow it down but in terms of anime I watched as a kid, they all exist in a single time frame for me.

Another Movie Addict
Posted 1501 days

I'm not sure about Pokemon, but most of those came on around the same time block. I remember when Sailor Moon came on before Dragonball Z, which I couldn't wait to get home for.
Sanctus Espiritus wrote:...

Sanctus Espiritus
Posted 1501 days
Time to tip the scales!
Another Movie Addict wrote:...

Yea so it may have been Sailor Moon. Granted, I was only four when it started airing, so I may not have started watching it until later, as I'm sure I was too busy watching Barney at that age. :lol:

Another Movie Addict
Posted 1501 days

I want to say that it started airing on Cartoon Network's Toonami when I was roughly 8 or 9. It aired on a different network before then, but it was if I remember right it's time slot was super early in the morning just as I was getting on the school bus.

Fun fact Sea Prince & the Fire Child which was my second anime ever is a Saniro property. That is not chibi adorable animals.
Sanctus Espiritus wrote:...

Danger
Posted 1501 days
My first anime was Samurai Pizza Cats. Almost no one I know of has actually heard of that one, but that's because it ran for a very short time on TV and was aired when all the kids where in school, so it was nearly impossible to get a hold of for a child -especially back in the time where recording was unusual.

Another Movie Addict
Posted 1501 days

High five for starting on slightly more obscure animes.
Danger wrote:...

Danger
Posted 1501 days
Another Movie Addict wrote:

High five for starting on slightly more obscure animes.

I still love the show, I'm super stoked about how crunchyroll and kissanime uploaded all the dubbed anime in their original version. Now that I'm grown, I can't believe how different the English one was in comparison.

Another Movie Addict
Posted 1501 days

Unico has gotten easier to find when I feel like rewatching it, but Sea Prince & the Fire Child is almost impossible to find for streaming.
Danger wrote:...

Pokémon Master
Posted 1501 days
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause...

mine was Pokemon :ball:

DizzyTigah
Posted 1501 days
Hey listen up! DizzyTigah has something to say!

My first anime was Speed Racer.

Noki
Posted 1501 days
Some of the cartoons I saw as a kid are technically anime, but I don't count them. My first was Madoka Magica. ouo

Another Movie Addict
Posted 1501 days

Do you count early 80's animes?
Noki wrote:...

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.