Kogo Breeding is here!
In order to breed your Kogo you will need the Husbandry Tamer Skill. If you've looked at your job skills lately you've probably seen it on the list as we tested it. Its now been moved to an attainable tamer level, so if you are at least a 1 Star level 10 tamer you can now learn the skill.
How to use the Husbandry Skill:
- Click any of the images to view full size.
- To start, head to your barn. You will need at least 2 adult Kogo and the Husbandry skill. Click Breed in the bottom left.
- Select the pair you want to breed. The pair must be one Male and one Female with matching Types. They do not have to be the same Kogo, nor of matching element.
- Your Kogo need nesting material and food. Food needed is determined by the male kogo. The nest is determined by the Female Kogo. At this point you can also see how long the Kogo will need to rest after breeding. This is determined by the Kogo Species. You can also choose at this point to enhance the stats of your egg. The essence needed to enhance the egg stats is determined by the Female Kogo. It is not required to enhance the Eggs stats, but it will make the baby stronger in battle if you do.
- If you haven't already, you can pick up recipes for Kogo Nests and Food from Lasof.
- Once you click breed you will receive your egg right away. The baby will become the species of one of its parents and colors of its parents at random. The species rarity does however come into play. For example, Kitorn and Byakko are both common Kogo so my chances of getting either are 50/50. I tried twice with this pair and got one Byakko and one Kitorn egg; both Byakko and Kitorn carry the Yellow-Orange-Brown color ranges so I'm getting pretty neutral colors.
However, if I used a Constella with the Kitorn, I'm most likely to get a Kitorn due to the Kitorns common rarity. A baby Constella is of Epic rarity, so to have a good shot at a Constella egg, you would want to use another partner with a high rarity like a Kibbit or another Constella. To get a wider range of colors for the baby, swap out one of the parents out for something more colorful. For example, and Aky would add blues and whites to the possible baby colors. Shiny Kogo do not automatically pass on their shiny trait. Special Kogo, or Customized Kogo do not pass on those special traits, they will breed as if a normal colored Kogo. If you have a Baby, which has gained special colors such as if you had a Blue Byakko, it will pass on blue traits, it will not pass on the normal yellow Byakko traits.
- The babys stats will be within the range which is normal for its species. Then if you gave the mother any essences, those will be added to the baby's stats on top of its base stats at random.
- Once the process is done and you have your egg, the parents will need to rest, The time they have to rest is determined by their species and was the time displayed before breeding.
- Each Kogo can only breed 5 times, so you may want to be picky about what you breed your favorite Kogo with. Some Kogo, like Kibbits, don't stick around to raise their young. In this case the Kogo will only be able to breed once and you will lose the parent after it breeds. The Kogo will be listed alongside the nests and food as materials needed if the Kogo is going to leave after breeding. Only an adult Kogo can breed, you can tell if you have an adult if the Kogo's name has no descriptors. Such as in this case its name is just "Constella". Things with Baby, Pup, Kitten, Juvinile, and other such descriptive words attached to its name are too young to breed.
Good luck creating your perfect Kogo!