hurbird
Posted 381 days
What is a tool?
A tool is an item in world that you can equip separate from your avatar. Most tools perform a task for the user. For example: A fishing pole.
While others will simply provide a cosmetic affect. Example: An Umbrella.

How do I use a tool?
You can use a tool by sending it to your town from your inventory or bank.

ImageOnce you've done so, go on over to your town and look in the top right of the page for the wrench icon. Click on that and you will see the tool inventory pop up along the bottom of the page. This will display any and all tools you have in your land inventory. Simply click the tool you wish to equip and you will see that your wrench icon has changed to the image of the item you've equipped. In some cases, you will see a visual change to your avatar as well!

What if I want to remove the tool from my town?
To remove the tool from your land you will need to first unequip it if it is currently equipped. To do this, open your tool inventory and click on the unequip tool button.

Once that's done open your Town Inventory by selecting the image of the box.

With your Town Inventory open, look for the bank icon on the right of your Town Inventory.

Toggle the send to bank button, you will know it's toggled by the button turning blue with a red outline. You then find the tool you wish to remove from your town and click on it to send it to the bank.

hurbird
Posted 381 days
Lanterns!
When used as a tool, a lantern will strengthen the light around your character during the night.
Lanterns add a color based on the lantern itself. Some may add a blue glow while others might be Orange or Yellow!

Note: Below are some examples of lanterns and some images of how they look in game when equipped (In the spoilers). The images for 'nighttime' were taken when the night phase was the darkest during my gameplay to properly show how they light up around the character. Handheld lanterns are not the only source of light in game, some items provide their own glow simply by placing them in your town (ie: Lamps and pets). I will not be discussing these items in this thread.

ImagePumpkin Lantern - Equips to the hand slot. Emits an Orange light
Spoiler: show
Daytime:
Nighttime:

Image Ruins Diver Lantern - Equips to the hand slot. Emits a Blue light
Daytime:
Nighttime:

Image Stargazer Lantern - Equips to the hand slot. Emits a Yellow light
Daytime:
Nighttime:

Image Grape Harvest Lantern - Equips to the hand slot. Emits a purple light
Daytime:Image
Nighttime:Image

Image Ice Fox Lantern - Equips to the hand slot. Emits a white light

Image Sparkler - Equips to the hand slot. Emits a yellow light

hurbird
Posted 381 days
Umbrellas!
Umbrellas are purely cosmetic.
Image Dragonfruit Umbrella - Equips to the hand slot. This one has not been released yet.

Image Glenn Umbrella - Equips to the hand slot.

Image Froggy Umbrella - Equips to the hand slot.

Image Spiderdom Umbrella - Equips to the hand slot.

Image Pumpkin Umbrella - Equips to the hand slot.

ImageWarm Critters Umbrella - Equips to the hand slot.

ImageIce Fox Umbrella - Equips to the hand slot.

Image Cherry Harvest Umbrella - Equips to the hand slot.

Image Dark Unicorn Umbrella - Equips to the hand slot.

hurbird
Posted 381 days
Wings!
Image Flapping Imp Ears - - Equips to the head slot. When equipped as a tool they will flap while you're in the world. If you equip them as an item to your avatar they will not flap when you're in world.

Image Icicle Flapping Wings - Equips to the back slot.

Image Forest Butterfly Flapping Wings - Equips to the back slot.

Image Concerned Fairy Queen Wings - Equips to the back slot.

hurbird
Posted 381 days
Misc - the below items are not cosmetic. These items all have a use in game and equip to the hand slot. Most of the below items have no equipped look.

Image - Farming Hoe - Used to till soil in a greenhouse.
Image - Fertilizer
Image Stick Rod - Used for fishing in ponds. This item has a limited durability of 30 casts.

Image Copper Watering Can - used to water plants during farming. May be filled at a well or other water source. This item has a limited durability of 28 waterings and will need to be remade or purchased when broken.
Image Fluff Brush - Equip this to gather fluff when petting animals. Fluff can be used for crafting.
Image Landscaping Tool - Equip this to remove one landscape item such as Trees, leaf piles and ponds from your land. This item has one use and then it will break!
ImageImageImageImage Seeds are a tool used for farming. For more information on farming, see the farming guide here.

hurbird
Posted 381 days
There are many more tools to be found. What I've shown is only a small number of them.

hurbird
Posted 303 days
reserved

hurbird
Posted 303 days
reserve

hurbird
Posted 303 days
Other guides I've made that you might find useful
Farming guide
Item Designer Guide
Taming Guide

If you have a tool not in my list, please feel free to post or message me a screenshot of your character using it and I'd be happy to add them to the list as long as the item in question is clearly visible.

Coralinde
Posted 262 days
What is the fluff useful for?

hurbird
Posted 262 days
Fluff is not a tool. As stated above, it is a crafting material

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.