hurbird
Posted 691 days
Note: With the latest update this is now out of date. I am in the process of updating the information in this guide
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Getting Started!
Farming is a default job here on Solia so no need to learn it, you already have a basic knowledge of farming!
To start with, you're going to need to complete a short achievement (Visible in the Achievements section of your tasks tab)
This is the achievement you're going to need to complete:
You should have been given a mailbox and it can be found in your Land Inventory. Head on over to your land and place the Mailbox anywhere you like.
Do this by opening your land inventory Image, select the Mailbox and place it anywhere you like.
This should flag the task for completion and you can go into your tasks and complete it. Completing the task will give you a few things.
The most important things you'll need right now is your Greenhouse Image, a Copper Watering Can Image, a pack of seeds Image, and a Water PotImage, or a Stone Well Image.
If you are a Blacksmith, you can create the Watering Can, the Water Pot and the Stone Well. Go talk to Katsu in the hub for the recipes or to learn the Builder and Blacksmith jobs. Make sure to stop by and introduce yourself to Gary while you're at it. You will find that he has all of the seeds and even sells some watering cans you can use.

Now that you've acquired the basic starting material's let's start farming!

Let's start by placing your Greenhouse like you did with the Mailbox. Once placed, click on the greenhouse to go inside.

Spoiler: show
Next we need to plant something. If you bought the seeds, click the tool icon on the top left Image.
You should now see your tool inventory!
Select the seeds and you'll notice the tool icon change to the seeds image with a number beneath it, this number displays how many seeds you have.

Now just walk over to your flower pot until you see a dashed box.
Press the A button or hit the spacebar key.

This will plant the seeds and use some energy.
Now you will see a floating bubble telling you to water your plants.

Go back to the tool inventory and click on your watering can to equip it. You will see two new bars appear
The red bar is durability while the black bar is the water bar. Currently your watering can is empty so let's fill it up.

Head over to a water pot or a well with your watering can selected and click on the water pot.

This will cost energy and fill up your watering can which you can see over on the left, the bar has turned blue to indicate there is water in it.
Now you can go back to the flower pot and water it by pressing the spacebar key or the A button on the right of your screen.
The dirt in the flower pot will change color to indicate it is wet.
All you have to do now is wait until the plant needs watering again.
Keep it watered and eventually it'll grow into something you can pick!
Once fully grown, simply unequip your watering can and harvest!
Last edited by hurbird on 682 days ago, edited 27 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 691 days
Tools

Blacksmith
  • Flower Pot Image
    • Purchased or Crafted.
    • Holds one plant.
    • Materials required to craft:
      3 Pet Dropping
      3 Copper
  • Copper Watering Can Image
    • Purchased or Crafted.
    • Used to water plants
      4 Copper
  • Water Pot Image
    • Crafted.
    • Used to fill watering cans.
    • Materials required:
      6 Copper Ore
  • Stone Well Image
    • Crafted.
    • Used to fill watering cans.
    • Materials required:
      650 Stone

Builder
  • Wooden Planter Image
    • Crafted.
    • Holds up to two plants
      6 Maple Planks
      6 Pet Dropping
Last edited by hurbird on 682 days ago, edited 6 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 691 days
Plants

• Turnip Image Image
    - Cost: 50g per seed pack
    - Restores 1 energy when eaten raw
  • Carrot ImageImage
    - Cost: 100g per seed pack
    - Restores 1 energy when eaten raw
  • Sunflower ImageImage
    - Cost: 500g per seed pack
  • PotatoImage Image
    - Cost: 275g per seed pack
Last edited by hurbird on 685 days ago, edited 5 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 691 days
reserved

hurbird
Posted 691 days
Other guides I've made that you might find useful
Tools Guide
Item Designer Guide
Taming Guide

hurbird
Posted 691 days
Final post and I suppose it's open for posting now.

As always, if you need any specific help with a feature, please feel free to open a ticket so that someone can help you in a timely manner! Also, please do remember, I am merely six birds on a keyboard and we make mistakes so if anything here is wrong, please let me know and we would be happy to fix it up!

Topsy Kretts
Posted 687 days
Dekkard said that the sunflower will be for chiken food ;)

hurbird
Posted 687 days
Thanks for the info! I'll look out for it and will add it as soon as it makes its way into the game. For now, I believe I will leave it out so that I don't cause confusion for anyone and since I don't actually know how it will be used for chicken feed.

Urbeth
Posted 685 days
Thank you so much for this!! So helpful!

hurbird
Posted 684 days
Anytime! I'm glad you like it!!

gothtini
Posted 284 days
So on the collection thing there is a watermelon and rice, any word on that stuff? Or is it something that is coming out soon?

hurbird
Posted 284 days
I have no information on the new plants but if I had to guess I'd say we aren't likely to see them until the big update since I haven't found them in game yet. But that's purely wild speculation on my part.

As soon as I have actual solid information on them I will be sure to update the guide to include them.

blackcatichiban
Posted 236 days
Does anyone know how long it takes for each crop to grow or how many waterings it takes before a harvest?

Miku Asukito
Posted 236 days
I don't know about every crop but I do know that the sunflowers require 2 waterings before harvesting. If the first watering is as soon as you plant it, the second watering becomes available roughly 12 hours after (according to observations) then after that 2nd watering, the sunflowers are ready for harvest 6-8 hours later. :nod:

(And, Cat! Welcome back! It's been so long!! :wave: )

Edit: Check Duke Of Failure's post underneath for a more accurate explanation. -P.S. Don't water them twice and waste the watering cans like I do. :lol:
Last edited by Miku Asukito on 236 days ago, edited 2 times in total.

Duke of Failure
Posted 236 days
Sunflowers don't actually require two waterings - you plant the seeds and allow them to germinate for two full six-hour cycles, then water them. Cycles occur at midnight/6am/noon/6pm EST. They can be harvested immediately after watering even though they don't visually show as ready to harvest. <3

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.