hurbird
Posted 670 days
Did you know Solia has its own Item Designer?
You don't have to be an artist to create your own items and you don't have to worry about shading to make it look perfect! Anyone can do it, even me and the best thing this bird can draw is a stick figure!

To start, you will need the Artist Job. To obtain the Artist job, head over to the hub and speak with Artie.
Last edited by hurbird on 668 days ago, edited 9 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 670 days
Step 1: Pick Pattern
  • First you will be given three buttons; New, Load and Load Submitted. Select New to begin a new project.
    You will then need to pick a pattern. Right now the available patterns are Pants and Tanktop but more will likely be added in the future. For the sake of this guide, I will be using Tanktop. You can see in the image that the Tanktop is outlined in red. This means you have it selected.

Step 2: Pick Base Color for Pattern
    Now we need to pick a base pattern. In the image you can see where it says 'Item Color' in the bottom left of the blue portion. Click on the numbers and select the color of your choice. This will be your base color. Once you've chosen a color, press the Create Project button in the bottom right.
Last edited by hurbird on 668 days ago, edited 3 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 670 days
Once you create your project you will see this page:

Step 3: Make shading match base color.
  • Now you need to pick a color for your shading. It is recommended that you match the shading to your base color. To change your shading, select the drop down under 'Shader Color' and pick the color of your base. In my case, I chose Red and then Eros to match the color I chose as my base.
Step 4: Start Drawing
    Now you're ready to start drawing so let's go through the basic features.

• This is where you will change the color of your pen, and to the right of it your previously used colors are stored for ease of changing. The magnifying glass allows you to make the item you're designing bigger.

• This is how you change between Female, Male and Chibi. If all bases do not have a similar drawing on them, the item will be rejected and not made into an item so make sure you put you design on all three!

• This is how you will save and load your designs or choose to start over.

• Some items will have multiple layers. The eyeball to the left in this image lets you hide a layer while you work. Make sure the grey pencil icon is on the layer you wish to work on!

For mine, I made a bird shirt. I know, surprising right?
    Here's my shirt design:
    I later decided to change the base color (to do this, either start over or color it all by hand)
    If you change your base color, be sure to change the shader color to match it or you'll end up with weird shading like this:
    You want it to look like this:
Last edited by hurbird on 663 days ago, edited 2 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 668 days
Now that you've made a design, press the 'Submit Item' button Image
it will then be submitted for approval.
Once approved you can head over to the world, open up your job menu and select the Artist job. Click on the Create Designs option to see your approved designs and select the design you wish to build. It will ask you to confirm it and tell how much it will cost. Confirm if you wish to make it and then it should send it to your inventory.

For anyone interested, here's the final piece:

Feel free to share what you've made, I'd love to see it.
Last edited by hurbird on 663 days ago, edited 2 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 668 days
reserved

hurbird
Posted 668 days
Other guides I've made that you might find useful
Tools Guide
Farming guide
Taming Guide

hurbird
Posted 668 days
And I suppose it's open for posting now.

Let me know if there's anything else I should add and as always, if you need any specific help with a feature, please feel free to open a ticket so that someone can help you in a timely manner! Also, please do remember, I am merely six birds on a keyboard and we make mistakes so if anything here is wrong, please let me know and we would be happy to fix it up!

Duke of Failure
Posted 665 days
this is an awesome guide, thank you!

hurbird
Posted 664 days
I'm glad you liked it! I see you made a design, very cute!

Duke of Failure
Posted 632 days
For anyone interested, theres a glitch I found in chrome where loading a saved item will also load and ADD its color palette to your current one. Theoretically, you could create and save items just for their color palettes and leave yourself a much bigger one to work with when designing a single item.

Amakai
Posted 424 days
While I like this feature...I wish I could download the png and then work on it in my own art program cuz just doing it pixel by pixel is really tedious...and there's no undo button Dx

hurbird
Posted 424 days
I think a lot of people use their own programs to plot out what they want to do... then afterwards replicate it in the system. I'm unsure... I personally use the designer and it's never really bothered me much.

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.