hurbird
Posted 693 days
Taming is a job that allows users to have and care for pets.
To learn Taming, head over to the World Hub and speak to Kit.

After you learn taming, get yourself a pet if you haven't already and place it in your land.
Once the little fella is placed, you will be able to click on your cutie and either pet him Image, feed him Imageor ask him to follow you Image.
Another thing you can do with your pets is attach them to a doghouse! Image

Some pets will produce goods if they are in a doghouse and kept well fed. To do so, create a doghouse or buy one from another user. To create one you will need to learn the building job and get yourself the recipe! Once you've obtained a doghouse simply place it anywhere you like in your land and click on it. This will pull up a menu displaying all of your pets. Select the one you wish to place and he will rush on over and make himself at home. Now you just wait and soon enough you'll start seeing some goods! Remember, only certain pets will produce goods!
Last edited by hurbird on 690 days ago, edited 7 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 693 days
Pet Food:
    Pets have loved and hated foods! When an animal loves an item, you will get more XP and Hunger Points for feeding it that item. So instead of 1 feed giving 10 hunger points, it will give 20! This also means you will get double XP from it! When an animal hates a food, you will not gain XP or Hunger Points. So don't feed a pet a food they hate!
    Hunger Bar decreases by 1 every half an hour.
  • Image Pet Food - Obtained through scavenging, the Chef skill or purchased from Kit in the World Hub
  • Image Bird Food - Obtained through the Chef skill or the Treasure hunting ability. Once the recipe is purchased from Trixie for 1,500 gold. 1 Sunflower Image yields: 5 Bird Food. Hint: If you need help obtaining Sunflowers, check out the quick farming guide
    • Loved by: Most Birds and bunnies
    • Hated by: Pumpkin Puppy, Pumpkin Kitty, Pilgrim Panda, Christmas Polar Bear, Young Summoner Pet, Angelic Puppy
    • Will Eat: Cow, Sheep, Goat, Piggy, Christmas Goat, Goat, Valentine Piggy, Hearty, Party Dancer Hedgehog, Steam Puppy and Clockwork kitty

Pet Abilities
    Note: for a pet to perform a task, you need to feed it
  • ImageCircle of Life: Level - 1. A pet with this perk will generate items when attached to a pet structure. 1 produce every 5 decreased hunger points.
  • ImageCleaning Duty: Level - 7. You can spend this pet's hunger points to have it help you clean up droppings on your farm.
  • ImageRadar: Level - 15. A pet with Radar will point out where items are when it's with you while are scavenging. Cost: 50 logs
  • ImageTreasure Hunter: Level - 20. A pet with this perk will sometimes find unique items and materials for you. Cost: 150 logs
  • ImageAdvanced Radar: Level - 27. An enhanced radar that also shows you what the items are in addition to helping you find them. Cost: 50 copper
  • ImageAdvanced Treasure Hunter: Level - 35. Treasure Hunting pets can now find better items. Cost: 150 copper
  • ImageForage: Level - 44. A pet with Forage will go out on its own to find items for you when told to.
  • ImageFetch: Level - 54. A pet with this perk will quickly run to pick up all your scavenging items for you when its with you while you are scavenging.

Relationship Points
    You can gain relationship points with your farm pets. As you feed and pet them they'll become more attached to you. The more your pet likes you, the better job they'll want to do for you. This means you'll get those rare items more often!
    Relationship progress: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by hurbird on 660 days ago, edited 5 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 693 days
Farm animals:

• Image - Image Cow. Can be purchased from Kit in the World Hub. Can be attached to a doghouse or mill. Doghouse produces: Image Milk and Image Cream (Rare). Mill produces:ImageFlour and ImageCocoa.
  • Image - Image Red Cow. Obtained from Farm Festival. Can be attached to a doghouse. Doghouse produces: Image Milk and Image Buttermilk (Rare).
  • Image - Image Sheep. Can be purchased from Kit in the World Hub. Can be attached to a doghouse. Doghouse produces:Image Wool and Image Gorgeous Fleece (Rare).
  • Image - Image Golden Sheep. Obtained from Farm Festival. Can be attached to a doghouse. Doghouse produces:Image Wool and ImageGolden Fleece (Rare)
  • Image - Image Chicken. Can be purchased from Kit in the World Hub. Can be attached to a doghouse. Doghouse produces:Image Bird Egg and Image Brown Egg(Rare)
  • Image - Image White Chicken. Obtained from Farm Festival. Can be attached to a doghouse. Doghouse produces: Image Bird Egg and Image Golden Egg(Rare)
  • Image - ImageGoat. Can be purchased from Kit in the World Hub.
  • Image - ImagePiggy. Can be purchased from Kit in the World Hub.
  • Image - ImageBunny. Can be purchased from Kit in the World Hub.

ImageCircle of Life Pets

ImageCleaning Duty Pets

ImageRadar Pets

ImageTreasure Hunter Pets

ImageFetch Pets

No Ability: It's simply a cute pet that loves you.

hurbird
Posted 693 days
Thanks to:
  • Simica for sharing information gathered about pet food likes and dislikes as well as pet happiness findings.
  • Autumn for sharing pet happiness findings.

Other guides I've made that you might find useful
Tools Guide
Farming guide
Item Designer Guide

As always, if you need any specific help with a feature, please feel free to open a ticket so that someone can help you in a timely manner! Also, please do remember, I am merely six birds on a keyboard and we make mistakes so if anything here is wrong, please let me know and we would be happy to fix it up!

hurbird
Posted 693 days
reserved

Another Movie Addict
Posted 693 days
So the turkeys and chickens both give feathers now? No more eggs?

hurbird
Posted 693 days
No no no, sorry. It's eggs. I fixed it. Like I said XP I make mistakes sometimes.

Another Movie Addict
Posted 693 days
Lol okay. I got confused there for a second.

hurbird
Posted 693 days
So sorry for the confusion! You were completely right.

Stakie
Posted 688 days
I like this, I like this a lot. This will help if I ever miss any animals. Buahahahaha.

hurbird
Posted 687 days
I'm glad you like it! I'll do my best to keep it up to date ^.^

Stakie
Posted 672 days
hurbird wrote:I'm glad you like it! I'll do my best to keep it up to date ^.^

I have already checked it like 20x times. I keep seeing animal like items and I am like...hmm I wonder...

hurbird
Posted 672 days
If you see any in world that are actually pets, you're welcome to link me to the land and I'll look and see about adding it to the list.

I've been keeping an eye out but perhaps i missed one.

gothtini
Posted 640 days
So the goat supposedly cleans up droppings if you click on it and tell it to, but mine keeps telling me I don't have the tame points. Has anyone been able to get it to work?

hurbird
Posted 640 days
If I recall correctly... those are not currently active but will be soon

edit: Pet list updated.

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.