Is new Solia as user-unfriendly as it feels?

Total votes : 7
29%
57%
14%

Namea
Posted 185 days
Hi! It's been a minute...I have some questions..If anyone would be so kind as to answer that would be great. As far as I've seen none of these were answered in the returning users thread...

1. Is Solia flash based? Like the worldspace? If so what's going to happen when flash is no longer supported here in the coming months? answered by hurbird

2. How do I sell things? I went to the market sign in the linden worldspace and hit "list item" and nothing happened whatsoever. Why can we only sell via the worldspace? Turns out there's a bug with the sign in the worldspace. Going through the marketplace link works.

3. Why are all of the official faq's, tutorials, and guides incomplete? I've been looking for official sources of information but the ones I've found are either outdated or incomplete and say "Coming soon!"

4. Why do faceoff bags have random materials in them now? It seems silly that previously we got items in every bag but now most of the ones I've opened have stinkin' copper in them, or the pumpkin pin of which I have 10+.

5. Who likes orange soda?

6. When going into the worldspace there's always one or maybe two people at most and they're afk or at least unresponsive. Where's the social hub now since forums aren't even really promoted anymore aside from the one tiny button on the homepage.

7. Is Luna the only way to get good items now? All of my old good stuff is gone, I've accepted that (sadly) but it feels like there's nothing here for someone who doesn't wanna spend money on the site. -Answered by Hurbird. It's pretty much the same as it used to be I guess.

8. Are there NPC shops anymore? Like the store that sold hairstyles and such?

hurbird
Posted 185 days
Hey,
You might get better answers out of a ticket for some of these but I will answer what I can.

1. I am pretty sure Solia is not flash based, you should have nothing to worry about.

2. Depends on who you're trying to sell to. Just get rid of things for a bit of gold? Use the sell box on your land and periodically it'll be emptied out and you'll gain gold for it. This doesn't sell to other users.
Or if you're trying to sell to people I believe you need to pick up the merchant job. (I think you learn it from an NPC but I could be misremembering) Once you do that you should be able to sell with the market sign in linden or through the market tab outside of the world.

3. I assume you mean the user guides/tutorial in the guides forum? Most guides are user made. And some are outdated because changes were made and either those that wrote them haven't found the time to update them or are waiting for an update or something like that.

4. Can't answer this one, if you dislike/like something please open the ticking system and leave a feedback ticket so they can know what you do and don't like. Some just have materials in them.

5. I don't hate orange soda but I have to be in the mood for it. So... Can take it or leave it most days.

6. I think most people afk in the gold chairs in linden so there's always a high chance of them being afk. Fishing people are usually afk fishing unless there's an event requiring rod fishing.
Really just gotta hop into world and chat with people or post in the threads. I'm usually intermittently AFK because I get kinda... distracted at times. Please feel free to say hi to me in world, I'm always happy to chat but if I don't respond quick I might have ran away for a moment.
You can also use the mailbox to send mail to people and have conversations there. Easier to stay in contact that way.

7. Check out the market, there's always stuff for sale for gold. Also there's frequent events with some really nice items in them. We're supposed to get a new addition to the Halloween event soon, stay tuned for that. It's called Murder Mystery Mansion.

Namea
Posted 185 days
hurbird wrote:...

Thank you so much for the reply!
I do have the merchant job at level 2 but there's no option to sell in the market tab and choosing to list an item in the linden sign does nothing. I assumed I was doing something wrong.

I meant the official guides, not the user ones. There are links to them on the homepage and elsewhere but most of them say "Coming soon!" or something similar.

That makes sense. Even in world chat I seldom see anyone but I can understand that. I personally don't know how much I enjoy keeping a random tab with the worldspace open. It would be great if Solia had a world chat app or somethin'.

I loved Murder Mystery Mansion back in the day, I hope it's similar! I'll have to browse the market more thoroughly, I wasn't seeing much for sale for gold but I probably just skimmed.

hurbird
Posted 185 days
Did you unlock the spaces in the merch job that let you post items? You have to buy 3 Market Slots level 1 before you can post things. (Do so by opening professions and then clicking on merchant then clicking on the buy options)

The ones that are linked from the homepage are currently the user built guides.

You should totally put in a suggestion/feedback ticket suggesting the chat app thing. That'd be a cool addition.

I don't know much about the new version that's coming out but I have seen the announcement about it. It should be exciting.

If there's anything in particular you're looking for (Hell, send me your wishlist) I'd be happy to see if I have any. I'm a bad birb and forget to post my things for sale frequently but would be more than happy to check my stuff against your list for things.

Celestine Amine
Posted 185 days
Birb’s covered most all the Q’s. I just wanted to say Hi and welcome back to ya! It’s good to see you around again.

Namea
Posted 183 days
Thanks!! It's good to be back. I did miss the site, it's just so different now. I think I can adjust though. ^_^

Namea
Posted 179 days
I did still have a couple of questions though, namely:
Why are all of the official faq's, tutorials, and guides incomplete? I've been looking for official sources of information but the ones I've found are either outdated or incomplete and say "Coming soon!"

Why do faceoff bags have random materials in them now? It seems silly that previously we got items in every bag but now most of the ones I've opened have stinkin' copper in them, or the pumpkin pin of which I have 10+.

When going into the worldspace there's always one or maybe two people at most and they're afk or at least unresponsive. Where's the social hub now since forums aren't even really promoted anymore aside from the one tiny button on the homepage.
-Hurbird sorta answered this but maybe I'm on at the wrong times, there's never anyone in the worldspaces when I'm there.

Are there NPC shops anymore? Like the store that sold hairstyles and such?

Vexous
Posted 179 days
Alot of the site is incomplete and is still in beta so it makes sense that the guides are also incomplete.
A few users and myself have tried making a wiki to help new and regular users, if there's anything that you think should be added please let us know in the wiki thread and we will do our best to add it in or make it easier to find.

Faceoff bags contain materials as materials are a big part of the crafting system, materials are useful to crafting Halloween recipes which are only here for a limited amount of time, including them in the faceoff bags makes it easier for users to craft these items if they want during the time frame.
Though the contexts are random, the previous items years items get released in the shop the next year so if you cant trade or pull them yourself you can get them through the shop instead.
Copper is quiet valuable in all honestly - it's used alot in crafting and alot of people never have enough of it, if you dont want to craft look at selling or trading it for things you want.

Its true that most people are afk in the hub, you can see how many people are on lands when you go to select lands to visit, you can try jumping to a few lands and chatting with the people there.
I dont normally see a great deal of people while i'm online so it could very well be a timezone thing.
im not one to be like " hi! or hello anyone there!?" but i will always respond if i see someone chatting lol

There are NPC shops yes, alot a solely for crafting as crafting has become a huge part of new solia, you can craft cloths, eyes, hairs, accessories and decorations.
Vicky's salon (that sold hairs etc) still exists, He pop's up occasionally during some events, havn't seen him for a while tho, but he purely sells these things for Funs not gold.
There are alot more NPC's and lands/worlds that are still yet to come out - like Sovern, where im gueesing NPC's like Vicky, Raine, Solvok etc will have there homes.
The only gold shop that is not crafting related is Kale's store (you can find him bottom right in Linden during the day time).

Solia as a whole is still very incomplete, there are alot of things still to come, and the tutorial isn't 100% finished yet ethier.

Anyways i hope that helps you out alittle :)

赤い蝶
Posted 168 days
By official FAQ do you mean these?
https://solia.online/forum/Solia%20User%20Guides/153/
Those are made by people they're not official. Official guides are done in game by talking to mostly Jean. I've got a couple guides in there too but they're hard to keep up because changes happen often, even Jean says things out of date sometimes. Then when I decide to update something it seems that's when a change happens, just my luck. Its the nature of a game that's still in development.

Event Materials are super important. Without them I'm always behind, this ties into your question 7-8. Gold is now used for buying recipes and materials, or on the market. To get items from shops you need materials or trade-ins like Fish or FUNS. Materials are EXPENSIVE to buy in the amounts you need to level. Scavenging nets you a lot, but there's always some material you'll be behind in. Like Vexous mentioned copper is a good material to have a lot of if you want to do your blacksmithing - now called construction. You can ignore construction but then you won't be able to grow your land. If you want to instead be a homemaker, buying pets will be more beneficial for you but you'll still need outside materials. Getting small chunks of materials in events is a huge help to your crafting. With events being a great reliable source for certain materials like Blade Feathers and Electric Parts.

Right now lots AFK probably because they're setting themselves to an AFK task which is a good way to get materials or trade ins without having to do it by hand, while waiting for the event timer. But certain times of day always have more people active then others. It sucks if you're in a 'bad' timezone for it. Yeah the forums aren't very active, sometimes I go weeks without ever looking at it because I forget about it. But they weren't very active before the change either maybe a little more then they currently are though. I only came to the forum now to look for updates on the murder mansion.

I don't really like orange soda, but I don't really like soda in general.

Vicky sells hairs, eyes, and facial and body things but lives in Sorven and is only available during events when he comes to visit Liden. The map goes to Kogo park right now if you follow it long enough, I assume it will eventually get to Sorven.

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.