Celestine Amine
Posted 552 days

Halloween Face Off 2019: Discussion!

I'm seeing so many fantastic outfits! I'd really missed face-off, and I'm so glad to have it this year. The world-based cat-walk/stage is so cool. Kudos to the team for that design.

So let's get to discussing some costumes! Who're you seeing out there? Have you seen any fun pairings for voting? What do you think of the event? Are you like me and are still making costumes on your avi after the fact (I maaay have made three so far...LOL)? Are ya dressing up offline too this year? ^-^

Sadako
Posted 551 days
I missed face off aswell and I'm very happy to play it again :) but, I'm pretty bad at chaining. Seems like I always like the"wrong" costume. Maybe I should change my strategy and always vote against my own choice :lurk:

Celestine Amine
Posted 551 days
I was very excited to have a chain of 22 at one point but then killed it xD
But the thing is, there's chains, and points. So I'm not even sure what the points are for. I'm more into just voting how I think and less about predicting a chain trying to rate the genuinely better outfit/costume/halloween theme in that set per the contest. That's my personal rule.

Sadako
Posted 551 days
22 that's really good!
So far I didn't change my strategy, and got a chain of 16 //happy

I Iike the fact we also get materials instead of just items :nod:

Celestine Amine
Posted 551 days
Awesome!! Yeah I really like that about this. T 3 T need them mats.

Aglaea
Posted 551 days

I really like this event, too. I remember Face Off from years ago, though I'm still not very good at it. I did get a chain of 15 once, so it's not that bad.

TempusBliss
Posted 550 days
The random NPCs in the voting are throwing me off a bit. :blank:

Mevneriel
Posted 550 days
I am thrilled that faceoff is back! I hope they intend to add more into the prize bags like they used to do.

Also, is anyone seeing their own entries? I have a sailor moon entry but have yet to see it as an entry.

赤い蝶
Posted 550 days
I've seen the Sailor Moon but I never see my own. I think its just we can't vote on ourselves.
Some I'm not sure what they are or if they are something. There's a few that are really good and close like Captain Marvel, Sailor Moon, and Alice. If you dressed up as something specific, please share! I wanna see what everyone's dressed as.

Celestine Amine
Posted 550 days
Yeah I was thinking that too about voting on self as a check/balance. I’ve seen you! What’s the costume btw? T-T lowkey ignorant of a lot of canon.

I love the sailor moon (nice job Mev) and Misaki’s Alice! I also love the morticia Adams. Aha^^; the cpt marvel is mine.

Tempus, is it really them or users dressed as them...? :eheh:

Edit: ah now there two morticias! There’s an imp one too now that’s new. @,@

Mevneriel
Posted 550 days
Celestine you did a really good job with your Captain Marvel, she really looks like she glows.

Misaki♥Ayuzawa
Posted 550 days
I'm glad face off is back. The cat walk stage is something new and kinda interesting.

@Mevneriel: I know right! She gotta teach us some tricks.

Aglaea
Posted 549 days
I'm getting better at it as time goes on. I have some tips for anyone who wants them from what I can tell so far. Will somebody help me check over them to verify these please? I'm not sure how to convey the last one factually because it's more of an emotional reaction.

• The more elaborate an avatar is, the more likely it is to be voted up. Costumes/Cosplays are more likely as well.
  • Avatars that you see often and who win the round are often more likely to win compared to avatars you haven't seen before.
  • Try memorizing as much as you can of who wins against who so if you see the pairing again you'll be more likely to get it right.
  • NPCs' outfits are typically not very popular.
  • Your taste might not match up to others' regarding each separate avatar, so somehow it might turn into a guessing game.

赤い蝶
Posted 549 days
I think people purposefully don't vote for the NPCs, I know I do and its usually the right move. What fun is it if they win?

@Celestine Amine Yue, from an anime.
https://i.redd.it/p937qri3lu831.png
Using links instead of img because image is big.

Needed a short character, but short + fox I wast finding. Especially not a light purple fox. :lol: Of course I realized I should have gone with someone like Senko after I'd already entered this one.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/images ... _19_31.jpg
Senko doesn't have the full fox skin and isn't purple either, but would have been closer.

CM is kwazie
Posted 546 days
At first I was confused when I saw that bald guy with the facemask and trenchcoat walk out. Took me a while to realize it, but that's a costume of Bane, isn't it? XD

Also, am I seeing a costume of Beast? :oooh: Or is that just my mind being affected by all this Disney talk?

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.