Dekkard
Posted 1319 days
Disclaimer
I'm putting this right up front, I cannot promise if or when these things will come back, it may take years. And if an item does get made or come back I cannot promise that people currently holding one will get it because if it takes years that data might not exist anymore. I can only promise I will do my best to try to make sure things aren't just gone forever. That someday you may be able to get 'that thing' again in some way. I am on my own with this and still have to make sure all other site needs are met first. I have no budget to hand this to other people so I have no time frame meaning this is likely to take a very long time. This is literally 'when I can find time to fit one in'.

So I've got 2 situations here that with my given time frame I won't be able to handle alone. So if you've got time (or just want to make sure for a particular thing you wanted is safe that's fine too) I would appreciate your help. Help is help no matter what your motivation.

1. We're at this time not 100% on how the ISC is gonna handle the move. I don't want anything that someone has donated to even if it didn't get finished to just poof. Now if a piece completed, I can see that by clicking the "completed" button. But ones that have donations on them but did not complete I can't easily find. If anyone checks the ISC regularly knows, or can go through them and post here all the ones that have donations on them it would be extremely helpful. I've been saving them into a folder so they don't get lost. Thank you mdom!

2. This one has to do with the transfer, losing items sucks. Both for you and for us because we put hard work into them and you worked hard to get them. Everyone hates to see anything go but already I'm finding files that are corrupted or just completely gone.

But you can help, if you have an item save a picture of it, pop it on the Wikia. Obviously things that are singled out are better but any type of image is better than none. A page like this (This is a random page I grabbed, have no idea if this particular item is lost or not at this time.) Is extremely helpful in recording that the item existed and what it looked like so if it's lost someday it might be remade. A lot of donation and scratch items are already there but the last two years or so are missing and I don't think any shop items are there. Shop items may not be as important to you all but some have gone missing such as the Raidio set so if the are recorded those too can be accounted for.

I know some are already broken in this system due to the crash. If you have a saved avatar of you/someone wearing the item is better then no image at all.

I'd like to thank
Mizu-no-kimi wrote:...
and
Lily wrote:...

The saving of PNG's was their idea, I only later thought of a way those PNG's could be used.

Ranger
Posted 1319 days

♥ ranger / ♥ kind of awesome / ♥ شجاعة

♥ oh, that's a smart idea! i think i have some extra time, so i can help. do you need it by the beta release?

mdom
Posted 1319 days

I can do the ISC.
(claiming so other people can help with other things)

Dekkard
Posted 1319 days
Ranger wrote:...
Ideally yeah, cause I dunno like what all will happen after that but I know that if the items not transferred it won't work so then you won't be able to get any images from em at that point. We have an extra day or two though since Case is behind a bit after spending a couple days on the forum.

Eddie
Posted 1319 days
Picture is of Royal Knight Shoulder Guards.
Would a format like left or right be fine? I can't really do transparency.
Also would you prefer I include an avatar with nothing on that has a skin color that clashes with the item in question for proper placement?
Lastly, is there a set, ideal, or preferred image size?
Last edited by Eddie on 1319 days ago, edited 1 time in total.

mdom
Posted 1319 days

Do you need the images and descriptions for ISC or just descriptions?

Eddie, are you on a phone?

Eddie
Posted 1319 days
mdom wrote:...

I am not. I have no tools for transparency, though, nor am I able to download them.

mdom
Posted 1319 days

There is an online program called pixlr editor, google it! You can open the image from your inventory in a new tab and then open that URL in the program. Then you can save there as .png with transparency.

Eddie
Posted 1319 days
Unnecessary, found a way to skip that step, would you prefer the item on a body or as is?
Image Image
I could also do whole sets at once to speed things along.
Like so: Image
I've not done a thing like this before so I'm making sure it's all correct and in order before I attempt to add anything.

Another thing I've noticed is the wiki is using a body that I assume is mannequin?
I don't think I can shadow that because it's counted as a transformation or something, is there a solution? I was wondering why the white body paint was unshaded as it is.

Dekkard
Posted 1319 days
Eddie wrote:...
Any way you can is fine, any picture of the image is better then no pictures of the image so whatever is easiest for you works great.

mdom wrote:...
The image works best, but you don't have to do that, I've been saving them into a work folder on my comp. I can't really do that with all the items it would just be a massive folder that would kill my comp if I dared open it. So that's why those are better on the wikia.

If you can just post here the links to all the ones that have donations on them I can save em out.

Eddie
Posted 1319 days
Alright, seems all the items on the wiki are using what I THINK is the mannequin skin, so I'd like to opt to continue to use that but I can't figure out how to use it my own images, any suggestions?

Terasine
Posted 1319 days

https://soliaonline.com/community/arena ... .php?s=341
My Item suggestion has quite a bit donated toward it, and is a fairly large item. '-'
Just don't want it forgotten about, even if it's only ~half way there.

Dekkard
Posted 1319 days
Eddie wrote:...
Ah that's because the person that saved those has it as their base, its not required.

Dekkard
Posted 1319 days
Terasine wrote:...
Thank you, that's the idea of this, I don't want anyone to be lost or left out.

Mizu-no-kimi
Posted 1319 days

so i have pics of items, a bit over 500
all like this, on the male base:

started it years ago, it's no where complete of course, but it's a start right?
where best should i upload these? i know photobucket isn't an option anymore.
imgur renames stuff to random. i'd rather upload it to a place that keeps the image name.

edits/ or i can put it in a zip file and upload it somewhere for ya to download. :blank:

would they be useful?, it's mostly old items so it's probably already on the solia wikia :blank:

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.