Dekkard
Posted 1208 days
Whoa this threads back.

Hm anyway, I am happy and would love help. However entering is not where help is needed. Help is needed in the re-creating of the items. I need artists, if you can help with that or know someone who can please send them my way!

Urbeth
Posted 1208 days
Dekkard, what kind of artist skills are required to help?
I typically draw digitally in Manga Studio 5, but I also have Photoshop CS5 installed and mostly use it for photo processing right now. I have used PS for drawing in the past, but I gradually made the move to Manga Studio due to personal preference.
But if your need is less drawing and more creating layers and such. I don't have experience, but I would be willing to learn if I can.

Mevneriel
Posted 1204 days
I have a bunch of photo bucket screenshots of older items back when I was selling off stuff I no longer used. Sadly I'd cut out all of my fav items because I didn't want anyone to bid on them.

Image[/URL]

I have a couple of more pages but they're mainly just random old event items.

Dekkard
Posted 1203 days
@Urbeth I need people who can make items. If manga studio is the program I'm thinking of (is it the water color mimicing program?) then it wouldn't work for what we do.

@Mevneriel I'm sorry I'm not sure what you're showing me, just getting the 'upgrade your account' message. Photobuckets not the friendliest of image hosts these days.

@Eddie I'm not sure you have the right idea about how this works... As it says in the first post this thread and all these images are for "recording that the item existed and what it looked like so if it's lost someday it might be remade". Even in the old system I wouldn't have been able to just use images like that. A lot of work has to be done to make a functional item.

Ampellilja
Posted 1201 days
In other words, it does help to know that the item existed and what it looked like - but it still has to be remade by an artist to make it properly attachable to the avatar. Makes sense, what with layering, recolouring, m/f/c bodies and the world animations.

Topsy Kretts
Posted 1184 days
I am an artist, i have a cr*cked version of Photoshop, i already made pixels arts... But i dont know if i can help?!

https://klody.deviantart.com/gallery/27 ... Pixel-Arts

Dekkard
Posted 1183 days
Topsy Kretts wrote:I am an artist, i have a cr*cked version of Photoshop, i already made pixels arts... But i dont know if i can help?!

https://klody.deviantart.com/gallery/27 ... Pixel-Arts

Was here where you meant? If not I'm lost and just send me a mail or something. XD

Its hard to say with such small pixels. Our pieces get comparatively very big very quickly and now with land items can be huge. That makes it a lot different then doing 50 pixel icons. I do have time for some training now with the major holidays passed. Before you decide I would suggest trying to make some clothes on our bases (All items get made for all 3 bases) and see if its even something your interested in doing to start with since it can be so different.

Topsy Kretts
Posted 1183 days
Check it all i have big piece too... And i already made Gaia custom characters edit, un really sad that i lost those... (hair, clothes and all) and won a clothing contest on Roliana lol

Yes i was talking about this, i would give it a try this weekend and send it to you but i know that i really enjoy doing pixel arts already :)

Ranger
Posted 1183 days
hey, if you need artists to help you out, dekk, i sure as hell can, too. that's if you need people, of course.

and bonus points, i'm also an animator, so at the very least, i can think in terms of frame by frame animation and what something needs to look like at a certain position, etc.

so yeah. if you feel overwhelmed, feel free to give a shout.

Boo
Posted 1182 days
I could help?

I partially went through artist training on old Solia so I know the basics already.

secriden
Posted 1176 days
Um, so do you still need images of avatars and items? And would something like this help?

Shadow screenshot under spoiler:
Spoiler: show

Dekkard
Posted 1176 days
I'm uncertain if images are still needed, I'm still going through files I do have, or things I at least have record of though I've hit a few that will have to be redone from scratch already. But I won't be digging through that stuff for things I don't have until I'm done with what I do have.

If there is a particular item you're worried about the best way would be to see if its on the wikia yet and if its not, add it!

@Topsy, Ranger, Boo -
Sorry about the late reply, lately I've just been working unless someone points me at a ticket or thread specifically. Sending a Mail gets through to me better at this time because it pops an alert up for me even if I'm working. I do want to make sure everyone understands its a job we're looking for people who can make items. Even when working on these updates you've got to be able to make and item in order to do it. If you're interested PM me samples, I am training a couple of people right now with The major winter holidays out of the way I have time for it again. So even if you're not quite to matching our style yet and need a bit of help/direction I can help with that.

Topsy Kretts
Posted 1163 days

can you see this image?

Genji_main
Posted 1162 days
I can't see that image, its just a photobucket warning that you need to pay to share images. I think everyone sees the same photobucket warning.

Topsy Kretts
Posted 1162 days
it was a real image yesterday, i hate photobucket XD whyyyyy ill fix it soon

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.