Vexous
Posted 317 days
I noticed those buds too, I was like dammmn that's neat
Super cue.
I get what you mean since summer here is just death, literally all the pants die and every thing is just beyond compare, you can cook on pavement on the worst days xD

SinfulGaze
Posted 317 days
Lol it is pretty nice to see as well. I can understand everything just getting dried up, lol

Aglaea
Posted 316 days
Yeah, I have to test the pavement/asphalt with the back of my hand for ten seconds before I take my dog on a walk so her paws don't burn. .w.
There are clubs and stuff in California that have events with homemade sun baking ovens. xD I've even heard someone baked cookies in their car, too. xD

Early on in the summer or even before the summer, empty/undeveloped fields with dried vegetation are cut down or a controlled burn is used so they have less of a chance of causing or adding to a wildfire. The only vegetation that mostly survives is the California natives like drought-tolerant plants or the ones near rivers or the coast. xD We have water regulations where you can only water your plants on certain days. A lot of plants can survive because of their person's hard work, but it's a lot of dedication. Watering in the evening or early morning is always best because it's much cooler and it's less likely to evaporate. Both my parents went to college for different plant-related majors so I've heard that piece of advice my whole life and now I mutter it whenever I see someone watering in the middle of the day. xD Vexous you probably know that already though, since you work in a greenhouse. :)

The next few days are going to be pretty hot, like 104° Fahrenheit Wednesday (40° Celsius), 102° F the next day. A few days around 80° F, and then a bunch of days around 90° F. .w. I have to go grocery shopping in the next two days, oh joy. x_x

zn0srap
Posted 316 days
Wow its been so long since I've been on here. :wahhh:

SinfulGaze
Posted 315 days
Agla- Damn that's crazy, I don't envy you on that one xD
It gets hot and muggy enough here I can only imagine what it's like there

Aglaea
Posted 315 days
Thank you. It's not too bad if you stay somewhere there's air conditioning at least. It's when you go outside that it's worst. xD *knocks on wood out of superstition in hopes the air conditioning keeps working*

Vexous
Posted 315 days
I certainly prefer winter but i dont enjoy how sluggish it makes me feel XD
just cant win with the weather

Stay safe out there in the hot weather!

Aglaea
Posted 315 days
Yeppers. That's true. At least my Chihuahua Nellie loves all the sunny days and sunbathes every chance she gets. xD

Thank you, I will! :)

Vexous
Posted 315 days
My Kitties miss the sun, Every chance they get they are in the windows soaking up what little we get atm XD

SinfulGaze
Posted 314 days
I enjoy like spring/fallish weather were I don't have to have a fan/ AC or a heater on :lol: :lol:

hurbird
Posted 314 days
I like late fall early winter. Chilly but not so chilly that I need a heavier coat and is very likely to rain most days.
Birb likes the rain.

SinfulGaze
Posted 314 days
hurbird wrote:...
I couldn't agree more, I adore and LOVE the rain!!

Aglaea
Posted 312 days
Ahhh, yes. The rain is very calming, and the smell outside just beforehand is great.

I like the in between seasons where the weather is more temperate, but also spring and fall are both so colorful. xD

SinfulGaze
Posted 312 days
Lol right. I love the smell of rain :)

hurbird
Posted 312 days
I have allergies pretty bad during spring so I'm not super into it but I prefer it over summer. Summer sucks.
Everything about rain is great I think. I don't mind hearing it, I like the smell of rain. I even don't really mind being in it. It's just calming. I live for cool rainy weather XD

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.