hurbird
Posted 1102 days

Getting Started!
Farming is a default job here on Solia so no need to learn it, you already have a basic knowledge of farming!
To start with, you're going to need to complete a short achievement (Visible in the Achievements section of your tasks tab)
This is the achievement you're going to need to complete:
You should have been given a mailbox and it can be found in your Land Inventory. Head on over to your land and place the Mailbox anywhere you like.
Do this by opening your land inventory Image, select the Mailbox and place it anywhere you like.
This should flag the task for completion and you can go into your tasks and complete it. Completing the task will give you a few things.

The most important things you'll need right now is your Greenhouse Image, a Copper Watering Can Image, a pack of seeds Image, a Basic Farming Hoe Image and a Water PotImage. You can also use a stone well or a bucket instead of the water pot. It's up to you which you use. The easiest to make at the start is going to be a basic water pot.

If you have been levelling Construction, you can create the Watering Can, the Water Pot, Bucket, Basic Farming Hoe and the Stone Well. Go talk to Katsu in the hub for the recipes or to learn the Construction job. Make sure to stop by and introduce yourself to Gary while you're at it. You will find that he has all of the seeds and even sells some watering cans and a Basic Farming Hoe you can use. For this next step, you should craft or buy a watering can and buy a handful of seeds from Gary. I recommend 16 of any basic seed pack to start you off. I'm going to be working with Turnips because they are the cheapest to buy and should be an easy starting point if you don't have a lot of gold yet. If you can't craft them yet, pick up a Basic Farming Hoe while you're at it, Gary sells them for 2,500G but you can also learn to craft them at level 6 Construction. You shouldn't need very many of these if you're replanting as soon as you pick your plant. One is enough.

Now that you've acquired the basic starting material's let's start farming!

Let's start by placing your Greenhouse like you did with the Mailbox. Once placed, click on the greenhouse to go inside.

Now that you're in your greenhouse you should notice a few things. It's got more space than it does plots. That's okay! Use the extra space to place down some water pots or a bucket. Whatever you have that can contain water, place it. This will make your life easier. With this you can easily refill your watering cans. As stated earlier, Katsu will teach you how to make some of these items.

I personally like to also throw down a Basic Furnace in my Greenhouse so that I can craft new watering cans and the like without having to go outside. You can also place a few random decoration items just to spice things up. Your choice!

The first thing you should notice is the state of your farming plots. They should look a bit barren and flat. Image
We can fix this by clicking on the tool icon on the top left of your screen Image
This will pop open your tool inventory, showing you what tools you have to equip.Image
Click on the Basic Farming Hoe to start off. This will place it in your 'Hand' slot. You can either close or ignore the tool inventory now, based on the size of your screen. If it's big enough, you don't have to close it and can keep working with it open. Your choice, whatever works best for you.

Step up to an empty plot and you will see the plot highlight with a yellow dashed box. This is your target square. Either click the spot or press space bar on a keyboard. Either works fine. This will change it into a tilled spot. Do this for however many plots you have seeds for. Go back to your tool inventory and equip your seeds. Repeat the same process as before to plant them.

Now you're told they need water so equip your watering can and head over to your water pot you placed earlier. Click the pot to fill it then go back to your planted seeds and water them. After a short amount of time, you seeds will sprout into a full plant. Pick and replant! You won't have to re-till the spot again unless you let it sit and return to an untilled plot.
Last edited by hurbird on 1093 days ago, edited 27 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 1102 days
Tools

Construction
  • Copper Watering Can Image
    • Purchased or Crafted.
    • Used to water plants
    • Materials required to craft:
      8 Copper Ore
  • Basic Farming Hoe Image
    • Crafted or Purchased.
    • Used to till plots.
    • Materials required:
      2 Copper Rod
      2 Linden Dowel
  • Water Pot Image
    • Crafted.
    • Used to fill watering cans.
    • Materials required:
      6 Copper Ore
  • Bucket Image
    • Crafted.
    • Materials required:
      5 Copper Rod

• Stone Well Image
    • Crafted.
    • Materials required:
      300 Stone
Last edited by hurbird on 1093 days ago, edited 6 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 1102 days
Plants

• Image Turnip
    - Cost: 50g per seed pack
    - Restores 1 energy when eaten raw
    - Sell Box Price
      ImageRegular: 60g
      ImageGreen:
  • Image Carrot
    - Cost: 100g per seed pack
    - Restores 1 energy when eaten raw
    - Sell Box Price
      Image Regular: 115G
      ImagePurple: 345G
  • Image Sunflower
    - Cost: 500g per seed pack
    - Regular is used for crafting Bird Food at level 3 Homemaker
    - Sell Box Price
      Image Regular: 650
      ImageWhite:
  • Image Potato
    - Cost: 275g per seed pack
    - Sell Box Price
      ImageRegular: 300G
      ImageRuby: 900G
  • Image Pumpkin
    - Cost: 600g per seed pack
    - Sell Box Price
      ImageRegular: 750G
      ImageWhite: 1290G
  • Image Watermelon
    - Cost: 500g per seed pack
    - Sell Box Price
      ImageRegular: 575G
      ImageDixie: 1650G
Last edited by hurbird on 1097 days ago, edited 5 times in total.

hurbird
Posted 1102 days
reserved

hurbird
Posted 1102 days
Other guides I've made that you might find useful
Tools Guide
Item Designer Guide
Taming Guide

Allen Tepes

hurbird
Posted 1102 days
Final post and I suppose it's open for posting now.

As always, if you need any specific help with a feature, please feel free to open a ticket so that someone can help you in a timely manner! Also, please do remember, I am merely six birds on a keyboard and we make mistakes so if anything here is wrong, please let me know and we would be happy to fix it up!

Topsy Kretts
Posted 1098 days
Dekkard said that the sunflower will be for chiken food ;)

hurbird
Posted 1098 days
Thanks for the info! I'll look out for it and will add it as soon as it makes its way into the game. For now, I believe I will leave it out so that I don't cause confusion for anyone and since I don't actually know how it will be used for chicken feed.

Urbeth
Posted 1097 days
Thank you so much for this!! So helpful!

hurbird
Posted 1096 days
Anytime! I'm glad you like it!!

gothtini
Posted 696 days
So on the collection thing there is a watermelon and rice, any word on that stuff? Or is it something that is coming out soon?

hurbird
Posted 696 days
I have no information on the new plants but if I had to guess I'd say we aren't likely to see them until the big update since I haven't found them in game yet. But that's purely wild speculation on my part.

As soon as I have actual solid information on them I will be sure to update the guide to include them.

blackcatichiban
Posted 648 days
Does anyone know how long it takes for each crop to grow or how many waterings it takes before a harvest?

Miku Asukito
Posted 648 days
I don't know about every crop but I do know that the sunflowers require 2 waterings before harvesting. If the first watering is as soon as you plant it, the second watering becomes available roughly 12 hours after (according to observations) then after that 2nd watering, the sunflowers are ready for harvest 6-8 hours later. :nod:

(And, Cat! Welcome back! It's been so long!! :wave: )

Edit: Check Duke Of Failure's post underneath for a more accurate explanation. -P.S. Don't water them twice and waste the watering cans like I do. :lol:
Last edited by Miku Asukito on 647 days ago, edited 2 times in total.

Duke of Failure
Posted 648 days
Sunflowers don't actually require two waterings - you plant the seeds and allow them to germinate for two full six-hour cycles, then water them. Cycles occur at midnight/6am/noon/6pm EST. They can be harvested immediately after watering even though they don't visually show as ready to harvest. <3

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.